Time And Tide

Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or to lose. Lyndon B.Johnson

Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Vacation

So I had a little drink last night and got a pretty good night's sleep. It's great, this stuff. We make our own Amaretto from an excellent recipe that ranks right up there with Disarono (sp?) and I can have all I want for the price of cheap vodka. Actually, it's expensive vodka, but way cheap when compared to the price of good amaretto. So economical, in fact, I'm doing it again tonight.
Party's over here!
Actually, there is no party. Just a tipsy old me sitting here at the computer in the hubby's underwear (hey I can't help it they don't make girls boy leg undies as comfortable as the actual boys kinds. If only they came in microfiber...) and a t-shirt, smoking like I've just made up my mind to quit.
My van is packed and ready for another round of the Crysty Road Show tomorrow morning. I hope to have another load or two packed up and ready to be loaded.
Tomorrow my kids leave to go on a weekend vacation with my parents. All of my kids. Now I should mention that Jacob has NEVER spent the night away from home. Oh sure, he's gone to spend the night with Nany lots of times, but when it gets dark and bedtime looms in the near future he's ready to come home. His line was always "But Nany, I've already spend the night a long time."
Can't wait to see how this turns out. Oh the possibilities.
Jake really wants to go on vacation though. I really want Jake to go on vacation. Bless his heart, he misses so much fun stuff. My mom is no help for his anxiety when her first order of business is to begin immediately harping on the fact that he is NOT going to come home after dark, she is NOT going to listen to him whining about going home, etc, etc... This trip should be interesting.
He has a plan. He's taking a picture of me for when he misses me. Pop will have his cell phone and he can call my cell phone all he wants, he has a notebook to write letters to me and Leirin will be reading to him nightly from the second Little House book (he loves those).
Vacation will begin with spending the night at Nany's house tomorrow night in preparation for leaving early EARLY Friday morning. If that don't go well, they'll be swinging by here to drop him off at home and I'm sure neither of us will ever hear the end of it.
I've got my fingers crossed. Some things are just hard to get over. IF he does go, I have two guys from work at my disposal and I should get a lot of moving done.
Wish me and Jake luck :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home