Time And Tide

Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or to lose. Lyndon B.Johnson

Saturday, May 29, 2004

I've got floor!

I spent an hour and a half cussing the first two rows of flooring. I swear installation instructions are written by men with the intelligence levels of a turd. First row installation procedure is ALL that was explained. The first row is a cinch. It's figuring out how to get the rest of them to lock in place that needs instructions. It took a little while, but we finally reinvented that wheel and the laying of the floor went at record speed. Why do instruction writers have to make it such a mystery?

Today Em's room, tomorrow (or later today) the library! After that only the entry room tile awaits being laid (layed?). Oh, there is still the floor to do in the old kitchen and hallway. I feel like the most popular trashy girl in high school.
Ba Da Bomp.

My right knee is swollen and it's a pretty sure bet my toe is broken. The knee is the result of too much time crawling on the floors and climbing ladders I think. It will feel better once it's all done I'm sure. I hope. I didn't sleep well at all last night. I went to bed with the ice pack on my knee and woke up in a wet spot that's sure to take days to dry out. I won't do that again. For a minute there I was sure someone had wet the bed. Laundry has been going since before six this morning so it's looking like I'll at least get partially caught up with that. That will be a great thing for sure. I'm running out of clean underwear.

2 Comments:

Blogger Brent said...

Your making me feel worthless and weak. I haven't done a thing for two days except eat and drink. Well, I did take the boys fishing...and I found some quiet time for the wife and I. But other than that I haven't lifted a finger. I promise I'll mow...if it ever stops raining.

11:50 AM  
Blogger GeekyMom said...

It's not raining here Brent, come on over! Our tractor is still in the shop and weeds are tickling my butt when I walk through the yard (ok so I'm short but they're tall too)

9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home