Time And Tide

Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or to lose. Lyndon B.Johnson

Friday, June 04, 2004

He did it!

Jacob spent the night with my parents and this morning he is on the road. Vacation, here he comes! I am so proud of him. I know what it must have taken for him to ride out the night.
It's a milestone for him. A huge one. Several times things have happened while he's been away from me (at school) by the people who were supposed to be taking good care of him while I wasn't with him. I had assured him of that fact. And after the first time it happened, I'd promised him the world that it wouldn't possibly happen again. They'd already dealt with me one time (ok, a bunch of times) and were getting quite sick of me. Surely they wouldn't do/let anything else happen to him.
But they did.
After a while he didn't really trust me or the other people. Not even his nany.
It's a big, big step for him.
He's going to have such a great time. And I'm getting a lot done. If all goes as planned, I should have most all of the house contents moved tomorrow. Last night I packed up Jake and Em's rooms and the kids bathrooms. Later today I'll pick up a U-haul truck and I'll be going to town with the moving stuff.
That's the plan anyway. If it goes well enough I might skip the truck considering I can get my FILs pick-up tomorrow and gas is very expensive now. And they charge by the mile on top of that, so I'm going to see what I can manage by this evening and if I need the truck I'll go get it. All I want is for the kids to come home ready to live in our new house. I think I might can manage that with the van and a truck. I'm going to try to draft my brother tomorrow too. Between him and the guys from work, we should get a lot of the heavy stuff done.
That will help.
I should finish up laundry within the next hour and since there's nobody here wearing clothes (except me and Doug) to dirty up a bunch, I might actually stay caught up with it over the weekend - avoid having more to do alltogether.
And so I'm off to finish my coffee and pack more boxes before I run this load to the house. I can do it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home